What Do You Think About The Site?

Well, it's really a 2.0 version and it looks good. I like the little helping JS gimmicks you get now when posting/editing the forums, fonts look nice, just noticed the Lo-Fi version which is also good.

As for dislikes, so far nothing that would be noticeable. It would be nice if you would have the choice to get a darkish theme for the site - but that's just for some tastes :).

Edited by Mitu
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the site. Been helpful so far. And big plus, when I type www.servicedeskusers.com, I reach this site. When I type ###### - I get "The page cannot be displayed" (whats up with that?).

:)

Yeah, the transfer of the site off of my host account started a couple of days ago, so I was monitoring the status of the transfer as best I could (I'm not involved in the actual transfer). At one point, I saw the domain pointed to the new server and a text page was displayed saying the site was being moved and would be down for 12 hours. Then I, too, started getting page not found errors and suddenly, the domain would not resolve to an ip address. I suspect that happened when they moved the domain registration, but that's only a guess. Every once in a while, the domain will resolve and all I see is a typical search-page that the new host probably displays for new sites. I don't know why the main site files aren't there.

I love the Wiki pages. I am finding all sorts of functionality I didn't realize was possible, and it's all very straightforward. I also love the web browser search plug-in for easy searching. Your assistance has often been faster that CA Support, and has been exactly what I've needed in every instance thus far. I also only found out about CA User Groups because of this site. The layout looks great, and you can tell the people here really care about providing quality service, for no charge at that! Mucho kudos!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the site!!!!

I find that there's always more than one way to kill a cat...Oh meant to achive something on the USD tool.

It gives me an opportunity to compare my skills with the rest of the world and share useful knowledge on how to do things different or better than what you are otherwise used to.

To all the gurus out there...Keep up the good work! :rolleyes:

I like the site, great job. Like that I can now do advanced key word searches. I DO WISH that people would be more descriptive with their Topic Title and/or Topic Description. A lot of weak stuff out there such as “Schema change” or “Error Message”, this is as bad the ticket descriptions I see from level 1 support. Greg, would it be possible to post a reminder or example on the ‘new topic page’

• 6 months later...
I love this site! Although, sometimes I get lost reading a reply string. It would be nice to see a text version of a topic string.

Select the Lo-Fi Version at the very bottom of the page. You may find it useful.

The site, moderators, contents, management, and user are all world class. I think CA should contract with you to have their new employees intern for six months to learn how people use their systems and what can be done. They would get better developers and we would get product and support (not that they're bad now....).

I would like to know if the last search phrase used or some sort of history could be displayed at the top of the search results? That would help to see variations on search terms. Also could the search box be moved to the top of the forums or home page? This seems more direct than having to first choose forums and then use the new seach box in the margin.

'Breeze

I like the site a lot.

If I had to comment on one thing: I know there are wiki pages, I know they are good and interesting: but how do you get to them? I can get the newest pages, or a random page, but I'd like to see an easy way to search through them (there probably is, but I'm probably too old to find it easily). It's probably just me...

I would like a sort of grading system as well, it keeps the experts motivated (a-la Expert Exchange) and is a good way to browse through solutions that really solved the problem posed, but that's just a nice to have.

I know there are wiki pages, I know they are good and interesting: but how do you get to them? I can get the newest pages, or a random page, but I'd like to see an easy way to search through them (there probably is, but I'm probably too old to find it easily).

The list of ways into the wiki is quite large.

1. Service Desk Library via the site navigation menu

2. wiki search found in the navigation when on the wiki side of the site

3. Wiki links from forum posts.

4. The Wiki Discussion Forums.

5. Featured Customization and [more..] on the Home Page

6. Newest Pages and [more...] on the Home Page

7. Most Popular pages and [more...] on the Home Page

8. special pages available in the toolbox menu when on the wiki side of the site.

I'm sure there are more ways in, but the best starting point is the Service Desk Library.

Thank you for your other feedback. We will take it into consideration.

• 2 months later...
That just means you need to be more involved. :D What you holding back for? You going to let everyone else take all the glory?

I can't begin to express how this site has aided me as a ServiceDesk Admin. The 'other' site I got SD info from before was ok, but this one has a better layout, better information and (most importantly) better people. Someone suggested CA send it's techs to intern for 6 months so that they gain some real world perspective on how their customers are using or want to use their software. I wish that were possible. I've found official CA support to be so poor that I frequently find I am farther away from reaching my goal or solving my problem after I've talked to them. I come to this site first everytime now.

I'm a newbie too. I hold back because I don't want to be recognized for the idiot I am :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gityerfix.

Besides the fact, that this site is the best and greatest site for talking about Service Desk :),

is there a possibility to change the date and time format? Well, I'm a european/german guy and I normaly writing dates in dd.mm.yyyy format. Also our time format is a 24h one ( mm:HH ) and not this am/pm thing. Would be great, if members could adjust this in their profile somehow.

Best regards

.......mikelm