chirag

CA SDM 12.6 integration with MS SCCM 2012

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

We have a need to integrate CA SDM 12.6 with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.

The requirement is as follows:

1.User will see a list of softwares and select one which he needs to install.

2.A ticket for this installation should be auto-created in CA SDM 12.6

3.After the installation is complete the ticket should be resolved automatically.

Please let me know if there is any way to achieve this.

Regards,

Chirag

There are always ways to achieve things.

A lot will depend on your process. Once the ticket is created in SDM, will it be a manual taks for someone to do the installation or do you want this install to be done automatically? When you say "user will see a list", then where do they see that? Is the action triggered from within MS CCM or some other way?

Personally, I would consider this to be a sort of "Software installation request", implemented as a service in CA Service Catalog. With CA Service Catalog you can then specify an approval process (if required), create SDM tickets if needed and even process the installation automatically. CA PAM would take care of the automation part. This way, you can also integrate Catalog with your CMDB and link requests to business services to assist in impact analysis and even do accounting by putting a cost against your service.

This would obviously assume you have CA Service Catalog available to you.

If this is not the case, then maybe a more direct integration from MS CCM is in order. Look for ways to call the SDM web services from MS CCM (or from its database).

Hello,

i have a requirement as Chirag.

A SCOM integration of event management / alarms.

It involves automatic ticket generation at an event and an automatic ticket closure at a solution.

I´m searching for a long time (lean solution)!

Who are implemented an integration of SCOM (maybe Webservices ...)?

A ITPAM or CA Catalag isn´t a solution for us.

Thanks in advance

Carlos Sainz

I am also looking to integrate with SCOM. Have you found any solutions? I was considering Universal Connector from SCOM but it is not clear to me how SD would use the XML/csv files that are generated by the connector to use them to create an incident ticket. Have also been considering Powershell script using webservices/SOAP.

Did you come up with a solution yet?

tHanks

Hello,

i have a requirement as Chirag.

A SCOM integration of event management / alarms.

It involves automatic ticket generation at an event and an automatic ticket closure at a solution.

I´m searching for a long time (lean solution)!

Who are implemented an integration of SCOM (maybe Webservices ...)?

A ITPAM or CA Catalag isn´t a solution for us.

Thanks in advance

Carlos Sainz

Hi,

I also have the same requirement. Has anybody written any Powershell script to use the webservices/open incdents in CA SDM ?

Thanks,

Sameer

Hi,

I also have the same requirement. Has anybody written any Powershell script to use the webservices/open incdents in CA SDM ?

Thanks,

Sameer

Hi,

try this for creating simple SDM Request

$username = "ServiceDesk"
$pwd = "<password>"

$ws=New-WebServiceProxy -uri http://<server>:8080/axis/services/USD_R11_WebService?wsdl
$sid = $ws.login($username,$pwd)

$customerHandle = $ws.getHandleForUserid($sid, "ServiceDesk")

$prop = ""
$attr = "persistent_id"
$requestHandle = ""
$requestNumber = ""

$attrVal = "customer", $customerHandle, "category", "pcat:5108", "summary", "summary test", "description", "description test"

$ws.createRequest($sid, $customerHandle, $attrVal, $prop, "", $attr, [ref]$requestHandle, [ref]$requestNumber)

$requestNumber
$requestHandle

$ws.logout($sid)