sharabi

Cancelled Events

Hello,

I'm running a script for "Close" activity for R/I/P with "Run the Event Script" macro. An event is triggered after "Close" activity with a 00:00:07 delay. This works correct but not always:(

Sometimes this event seems "Cancelled" when I check the event history.

But sometimes it is seems "Completed".

What can cause an event to "Cancel"?

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Umut

I was having problems triggering code off of a close and the issue was happening when an analyst closed the ticket while it was in it's initial phase. in other words, he was closing the ticket before he even saved it.

Take a look and see if that is your issue.

Hello mbraemer,

Thank you for your opinion but in my case, tickets are opened&closed via NSM Integration. So, analysts do not manually create closed tickets.

The interesting thing is, two different problem objects having same criteria(affected end user,affected resource etc.),but one has successful events-other one has cancelled events.

This is very confusing.

Umut

It's not a good idea to attach events after Closure activity, the system will automatically cancel any remaining events - it doesn't make sense to trigger events after ticket closure.

What are you exactly trying to do ?

Hello,

We are sending SMS notification messages after closure of the ticket.

How can I trigger a script for closure activity instead of attaching events?

Thanks,

Umut

Then why don't you use the normal notification process ? In r12 and above you can attach multiple notification rules and one of them can send the SMS notification. This assumes that SMS sending is done using a custom Notification Method - you can configure this method on the 'High' level of notification and use that in you rule.

Alternatively, you can use a trigger on Close and send the notification, but I'd rather create the new Notification Method and rules since they can be re-used by the system and it's all going to be just configuration (no customization) from that point on.

Hello Mitu,

I actually do not know how to call a custom script in a notification rule. When defining a new notification rule, we have specify a "Message Template". And all you can define is an e-mail content,as I know,whether you set notify level to "High".

Where do we have to specify that we will call another script,not send an e-mail?

Thanks,

Umut