Sign in to follow this  
Bartosz

GRLoader and lookup field

Hello,

We're populating the CIs from csv file that is being transformed to XML and then loaded by GRLoader. The problem I've stumbled upon is that grloader does not update the manufacturer field, which in XML is described in following way:

<manufacturer lookup="" update_if_null="">HP</manufacturer>

Of course manufacturer is SREL to ca_company table, which contains needed record with company_name = 'HP'.

Other similar lookup fields are being read properly (for example location). Am I missing some particular setting? From what I've checked in Schema Designer, everything is set properly (just like in case of the location field - only difference being Function Group).

The problem is that GRLoader seems to be completely disregarding that field, not even trying to look it up, nor to set the value - in other words, no matter what I enter there, there is no error being produced at all.

Are you just trying to update the manufacturer? Isn't the manufacturer tied to the model not the CI...so GRLoader may ignore it unless it's associate with a model. Not really sure but I have update the CI's model via GRLoader/XML before.

Aye, thanks. It's being automatically updated when the model field is updated. Which is nice, though I wonder why it does not allow to update manufacturer directly on asset.

I'd mark topic as 'partially solved' then :)

Hi Bartosz, how are you?

Did you ever try to update the model using the ID lookup? 

I'm trying to update my CI's using the ID of the model but I'm receiving an error mensage as same as you received earlier.