Kekanger

Skipping Workflow Tasks In Classic Workflow

Need help with workflow tasks (Classic, not CA Workflow) in a Change Order. I need help with Actions on True for Reject:

WF 10 Approve new Oracle ID

Approve WF - send notification to WF 20 Assignee and set WF 20 status to Pending

Reject WF - change status of WF 20 to Complete. (Don't want it to go to Pending)

WF 20 Create new Oracle ID

Approve

Pending

Complete

WF 30 Install Oracle Application

Complete

Pending

I need help figuring out how to skip WF 20 if a new Oracle ID is not needed. The WF 10 Assignee needs to be able to Reject WF 10 and go straight to WF 30 without notifying the WF 20 Assignee who is a different person and doesn't need to get involved or be notified of anything. I don't want the WF 20 Assignee to have to complete WF 20 if WF 10 is Rejected. Is this possible?

There's no simple way for a workflow task to communicate and reference other workflow tasks. However, all the tasks can communicate and reference the Change Order. Here's how I recommend accomplishing your objective. Also, you can never bypass the pending status. The pending status is what activates the task for the most part.

1. On Task 10, have an action macro run on Reject that sets a dedicated flag on the CO.

2. When Task 20 goes to pending, have a condition macro query the CO for that flag. If the flag is present have an Action Macro can set the task status to Complete or Skip. If the flag is not present then activate your notification macro.

Hi guys,

I have this scenario on my enviroment:

On the task 1, if the status is APP then the two next tasks should be canceled.

If the status on the 1st task is APP2 then the next task should be pending.

How can I create a action macro to this behavior?

(Object = Request Workflow Task).