Sign in to follow this  
mark.wheeler@iag.com.au

Maileater Security Issue

Have set up maileater in our DEV environment, works perfect after a few niggling issues. Finally put it into PROD and we get:

AHD58045: Because of security restrictions, you are not allowed to complete this operation. Ask your security administrator for access. Cannot continue processing!

Now I know this has been mentioned before in earlier threads, but as far as I can tell, it is not being caused by duplicate email address's.

the error in the stdlog is:

User (you@yourcompany.com) not authorized to modify factory (cr)

The email address was because I tried -m you@yourcompany.com, but we get the same msg when I or my colleague send the email.

I am at a loss as to the cause of this. Please help.

This means the user with that email address does not have enough permissions in the Service Desk system. Check the Access Type for the user and it's Data Partitions.

Ultimately, put an email address on the 'ServiceDesk' contact and try sending from that email address. Do you really have usernames like 'email@addr.ess' in the system ?

Sorry Mitu, should have explained, I have have full admin access with no security restrictions. I am sending the email to maileater and as administrator should have no issues.

My access is exactly the same as our DEV envirinment in which this works.

our email address are name@company.com.au (you@yourcompany.com was just an example email address)

Go through all your settings and make sure everything is still configured as you anticipate. Also try recycling USD or even the server...

Edited by N@irB

You said this works OK in your DEV environment, but does not work for PROD? This can only be attributed to a difference in the environments. The fact that it works on your DEV box simply telsl you that the feature works and therefore eliminates the problem from the USD application side. Somewhere, something is not correctly set up on your PROD.

Edited by N@irB