manish2feb

Incident always raised on New staus

Dear team,

I have observed analyst are updating the status of the ticket while raising the ticket (New to Assigned). 

Let say when they create the ticket after filling all the detail  and before saving the ticket they select the update status from activity option and put the status as assigned over there and then save the ticket. So in this case ticket is raised with assigned status .

I want to prevent this option, ticket always should  be New status only.

Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks,

Manish 

hi,

you can disable status dropdown for newly created tickets on form level, condition could be:

<PDM_IF "$args.id" == "0">
  <PDM_MACRO name=dtlReadonly attr=status>
  document.write('<input type="hidden" name="SET.status" value="OP">'); // OP is status code for OPEN status
<PDM_ELSE>
  <PDM_MACRO name=dtlDropdown hdr="Status" attr=status factory=crs_cr lookup=no> // crs_cr is factory for request statuses, use crs_in for incidents
</PDM_IF>

Regards, cdtj

Edited by cdtj

Thanks for your reply .

Will it also prevent to update the status from the update status activity form (Activity-update status) to assigned status on first time saving the ticket.

Thanks,

Manish

afaik there is no possibility to call status change activity for unsaved ticket

I have tried this code in detail_in.htmpl page and it made the status field read only and then follow the below steps to create the ticket and found the same issue.

1- Click in new incident option and fill all the required field and  then before clicking on save button, selected the update status option from Activity.

And then on New status field , typed the assigned status and then click on accept button and then on the main incident detail page click on save button now incident saved in Assigned status.

This is the issue I am facing that incident is raised on assigned except new status.

Thanks,

Manish

you can disable menu item for ticket on creation phase,

1. get decided menubar: in roles configuration interface you can find form name for menu for specified role, ex: menubar_sd.htmpl

2. find status_change menu object, it will look like:

<PDM_OBJECT>
htmpl_str = "+HTMPL=";
if ( factory == "cr" )   // SDT 19319 - Added for ITIL vertical
  htmpl_str += "request_status_change.htmpl";
else if ( factory == "chg" )
  htmpl_str += "order_status_change.htmpl";
else if ( factory == "iss" )
  htmpl_str += "issue_status_change.htmpl";
<PDM_MACRO name=menuItemLocal label="Update_Status..." function="JavaScript: popupActivityWithURL('\" + query_str1 + \"ST\" + htmpl_str +\"','status')">
</PDM_OBJECT>

3. add condition:

if ((typeof(w.argID) != "undefined") && (w.argID > 0)) {
    <PDM_MACRO name=menuItemLocal label="Update_Status..." function="JavaScript: popupActivityWithURL('\" + query_str1 + \"ST\" + htmpl_str +\"','status')">
}

4. refresh web cache (pdm_webcache -H).

PS: otherwise you can punish employees who use that workaround to create tickets in a wrong status :)

Regards, cdtj