How to setup a mail notification to the Change implementer when the 'Scheduled End Date' has passed in a change order. and the ticket is still not moved to the next status either failed or success

CA Service Desk 12.9

One approach would be to create a repeating (say every 30 minutes) event that you attach to every Change Order that would test the condition and, when true, invoke a Multi-Notification macro. The only drawback is that it would resend the notification every repetition until the condition is no longer true.

• Like 1

How about spl,  I am looking for a better solution to offer to the client having repeated email notification will be the last option to consider.

venk@at

I gather you want to stay withing the basic SDM application and just a quick solution for this one issue?  You could set a flag using one of the user defined fields (string1) on the change order when the past end date event that estli01 mentioned. Then check for this condition before sending the notification.  If true (1) then send the notification and immediately set the flag back to false (0) and repeat the event every 30 minutes.  The next time through the event, the flag will be false and the notification condition will not fire.  Just an outline here, I don't have a system available to test now. 

Otherwise if you want to expand on the business process, there are several timer functions within CA Process Automation and it may be available at not cost depending on your license.  It would require additional servers and EEM as well but may be a better long term fit.

'Breeze

The approach that having a flag and playing around it provides some control on this behaviour. I will test this and post here.

would be able to create a condition to check the scheduled end date against the current time in site defined condition macro ?

venk@t

Yes, you can create a site-defined condition macro to compare date. But you will need to write the code in the macro code field instead of using the add condition button.

It should look like this:

date now_dt;
now_dt = now();
if (now_dt > sched_end_date && flag == 0)
set_return_data(TRUE);
else
set_return_data(FALSE);

Conan

• Like 1