Niraj

Unable to restore MDB.bak

Hello Friends,

I'm very new to CA SDM. I've installed SDM 14.1 on Windows server 2008r2. Using separate server for database i.e. Windows server 2008r2 & MS SQL Server 2008r2. MDB created for SDM & working properly.

But when I'm trying to restore my old MDB.bak file. My "CA Servicedesk Manager Server" service not starting on CA SDM server after restoration. 

Please help.

Thanx in advance.

Niraj

Hello Manish,

Thx for your quick reply.

No, I've not run the reconfiguration after restoration, & how to upload the custom tables & columns. Actually i don't know the process, As I told you that I'm very new for this.

Can you send me the full process & commands.

Thx 

Niraj

You cannot install a new instance of r14.1 and then restore an old r12.6 database over the new r14.1 database. There have been changes to the schema between releases.

Here is what I recommend:

1. Install a new r12.6 application and database. Make sure that will run then stop the application.
  2. Restore your original r12.6 database onto the new r12.6 database then run the pdm_configure on the new r12.6 application. Make sure that ...\site\mods customizations have been migrated over from your original application. Make sure that now runs.
  3. Following the documentation, perform an upgrade install of r14.1

I do this work for a living. If you would like some help to quickly and reliably reach your goals with CA Service Desk please send me a message.

Cheers, Lindsay