Ammu

SLA Customization

Hi,

Can some one answer my queries on SLA setup.

1. If the ticket priority is changed from 4 to 3, Here P4 SLA will gets cancelled and P3 sla gets attached.But here sla clock is calculating the time from ticket open date.Is there any solution/alternative that sla clock should calculate from the date when priority is changed.

2. Lets say for P1 ticket, the response time is 15 mins. here the analyst transferred the ticket to other group after 20 mins. The ticket is violated by first group.Its similar to 1st question.Can we calculate response sla from ticket reassigned date(after 20 mins)?

3. How can we calculate response and resolution from so and so status.Our requirement is response time has to calculate once the ticket status is changed from "Open" to "Accepted" and resolution sla has to calculate from "ACcepted" to "resolved".

Thanks

Ammu

Edited by Ammu

For 1. I assume you're using the default SLA setups. Since the condition for SLA violation event is entered as 'time since open_date', it's normal that the 'clock' will count from the 'open_date' even if you change your Priority.

For 2. The same response - the SLA conditions are referring to the 'open_date' to calculate a period.

For both 1. and 2. you have to ask yourself - what is the SLA definition for your service (not the one that is defined in SDM, but the one that you, as Service Desk or Support Team is offering) ?

For the End User it doesn't matter if transfer occurs - if the SLA condition is 'time to resolve must be < X min', then SDM should always count since the open_date of the incident.

If your Business SLA is not the one I mentioned above, then you should design your SDM SLAs accordingly (i.e. take other measure than 'time from open_date' to guarantee and assert violations).

For 3., there isn't something OOB in SDM that can measure 'time in status X', you'll need to get that from Reporting. You can also have a custom field (Accepted_Date) that will be set when the Status goes to 'Accepted', then design your SLA events to count from the 'Accepted_Date' instead of 'Open_Date'

Hi,

For 3rd point, I have tried in reports. here I am facing the issue. Could you please help me on this.

As suggested, i have created a column to store the accepted date.When i use in reports, i am not getting the correct data.

Here is the query fyr.

SELECT
  cr.ref_num,
  cr.open_date,
  cr.zaccep_time,
  PdmSeconds(PdmDownTime('Gold','Mon - Fri { 8:00 am - 5:00 pm }', cr.zaccep_date,cr.resolve_date))/3600
FROM
  cr
WHERE
  cr.ref_num  =  'I436378'

Ref Num - I436378
Open Date - 01/11/2016 09:25:34 AM
Zaccep date - 1/20/16 
ResponseSLA_in_hours - 3.86

Here I am having 2 queries.

1. Customized column date format is not same as Open date format

2. Incorrect days count in Responsesla_inhours clumn.

I think PdmSeconds expects a Date argument and PdmDownTime actually returns a period. It's hard to say what would be the correct value for the downtime, since you didn't include the full date and time and the Resolution Date/Time is missing from your paste.

Try to remove the PdmSeconds (and the /3600) and look at the PdmDownTime output to see if it's correct (even if not in Days).

Edited by mitcr01

Hi,

the formula I am trying is  PdmSeconds(PdmDownTime('Gold','Mon - Fri { 8:00 am - 5:00 pm }', cr.zaccep_date,cr.open_date))/3600

If I remove pdmseconds, the o/p is coming as #DATATYPE. I hope the problem is with the customized column zaccep_time.the date format is not matching with the OOTB column format.

Edited by Ammu