Sign in to follow this  
LuisDiazSD

Problem with "Reports Tab"/"TrustedPrincipal".

Hi everyone,

we have a problem with the tab reports on SDM , when we click on this tab, it opens a new window and in a few minutes, we get a warning suggesting that we have the "shared secret" misconfigured, but we followed various guides of the product and we have the same shared secret in the file "TrustedPrincipal.conf" (in C:\Program Files\CA\Service Desk Manager\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\webapps\CAisd), in CMC preferences, on BOXI server, Shared Secret are the same, and the file "web.xml" (C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF) also configured correctly.

This is the error message:

Error de comunicación al intentar la conexión con el servidor <server>:6400 (FWM 01009) attempt to establish connection failed: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect.

Also ensure the following

1.Trusted Principal authentication is enabled in BOXI.

2.Shared secret is Updated in Trusted Principal.conf file located in NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\webapps\CAisd.

3.Both shared secrets mentioned in BOXI and TrustedPrincipal.conf file are same.

My SDM/admin/options mgr/web report settings, are too correctly configured

- CMS = <server>:6400

- Location = http://<server>:<8080>

- secEnterprise

I have an Production enviroment where i click on "Report's Tab" which connects to BOXI server. On BOXI servers all ports are open (6400-6410, 8080), we were created firewall rules that allow communication between two computers and ports 6400-6410 and 8080, but still I've noticed that some ports are not always listening, I tried to use Telnet from Production to BOXI, it's try to connect but in a few seconds says "press any key to continue" and when i pressed, he says that "connection to host lost".

I found a "jsrvr.log" with information and errors of "BOServlets" and others processes, but I don't know how to fix this. :wacko:

e.g:

07/01 09:33:11.727[http-8080-Processor25] ERROR BOServlet 372 AHD04802: User authentication error

07/01 09:37:38.263[http-8080-Processor23] ERROR UploadServlet ? Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Thanks, and i apologize for my English. :P

Did you run the post-install integration step between SDM and BOXI ? Do you have a ServiceDesk user in BOXI ? Is the user defined in BOXI with the same username as in SDM ?

Did you run the post-install integration step between SDM and BOXI ? Do you have a ServiceDesk user in BOXI ? Is the user defined in BOXI with the same username as in SDM ?

you mean the configuration of "trusted Principal.conf" and add the shared secret CMC? yes, I have configured, and also have the user created in SDM and BOXI.

Thanks.

There is a separate post-install step that is creating all the BOXI necessary data (report definitions, universe, etc.) that should be run from the installation CD - did you run this step ? It asks you for both ServiceDesk and BOXI Administrator passwords, so it's easy to recognize it.

The Trusted Principal configuration is another step.

There is a separate post-install step that is creating all the BOXI necessary data (report definitions, universe, etc.) that should be run from the installation CD - did you run this step ? It asks you for both ServiceDesk and BOXI Administrator passwords, so it's easy to recognize it.

The Trusted Principal configuration is another step.

Good morning, Mitu

Thanks for your answer, this step is already made, because the infoview's reports have been running, in other forum i have given the correct answer, the problem was in the Central Manager Server's port, it was automatically assigned request port, and i assign the port to 6401,and it works!

Thanks for everything.

Regards.