czmiel

Activity Notifications for custom object r12.7

Hi,

Has anyone tried to add Activitiy Notifications for custom object?

I need to add notofications and events for Field Update activity on a custom object.

Thanks,

Marcin

Hi,

Has anyone tried to add Activitiy Notifications for custom object?

I need to add notofications and events for Field Update activity on a custom object.

Thanks,

Marcin

I'm having the same issue. Did you get this sorted?

I have a custom field on a certain role, does the activity association need to set to look for roles somehow?

You must provide a new site-defined trigger for your custom field to trigger activity based on updates. The syntax is as follows: This file has a command of the type,

POST_CI val_fieldupdate_site(persistent_id, audit_userid, CHANGED_ONLY, zattr) 111 FILTER( EVENT("UPDATE") );

where zattr is your custom object. if you have more than one custom object, add them all separated by commas.

This trigger is entered via Web Screen Painter's Schema Designer for table cr (Request), within Site-Defined Triggers under the Advanced tab.

If you examine the file cr_site.mod under site\mods in your CA SDM installation, the comments will explain this in more detail. It will also show that this must be done for each custom object you wish to perform Activity logging on.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, profilmk said:

And then how are you connecting it with the activity notification?

figure it out, peace of cake. thanks a lot very useful post!