Sign in to follow this  
PMXSD

Resolved: IDs in Custom Tables

Forum,

I have created a custom table and with that I did a list and detail form to fill information in Service Desk but also that table can be filled with a process in PAM. So, here I have an issue because when I add information with PAM process and then I try to add information in Service Desk also, I get an error saying that I violated Unique ID. So, I did a bit researching and I noticed that when I add information using the PAM's operator Insert in Database, the ID is not updated in Service Desk when I try to fill the information in Service Desk.

How can I manage the IDs in the custom table to avoid this issue?

I need this as soon as possible to deliver a development!

Thank you so much!

Forum,

I have created a custom table and with that I did a list and detail form to fill information in Service Desk but also that table can be filled with a process in PAM. So, here I have an issue because when I add information with PAM process and then I try to add information in Service Desk also, I get an error saying that I violated Unique ID. So, I did a bit researching and I noticed that when I add information using the PAM's operator Insert in Database, the ID is not updated in Service Desk when I try to fill the information in Service Desk.

How can I manage the IDs in the custom table to avoid this issue?

You don't manage the IDs - let SDM do it for you. You shouldn't manipulate the DB directly because you're bypassing the SDM object layer - which should take care of generating/managing IDs - instead use the SDM operators to query/update/insert into the custom table.

You don't manage the IDs - let SDM do it for you. You shouldn't manipulate the DB directly because you're bypassing the SDM object layer - which should take care of generating/managing IDs - instead use the SDM operators to query/update/insert into the custom table.

Thank you Mitu, but I don't see any operator to insert a new value for a custom table (just Select or Update but not Insert). It's that correct?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

I don't know much about PAM's SDM operators, but I think they're based on SDM WebServices and the WS have a 'createObject' method that would allow you to create any SDM object. Or you can try the 'Update' operator to see if it inserts values for non-existent objects.

Edited by Mitu

I don't know much about PAM's SDM operators, but I think they're based on SDM WebServices and the WS have a 'createObject' method that would allow you to create any SDM object. Or you can try the 'Update' operator to see if it inserts values for non-existent objects.

You're rock!! I used the operator to invoke Service Desk's Web Services and then applied the createObject method and that solved the issue and also I learned to use the web service! When I finish this development I will post this in the Service Desk Library.

Thank you very much Mitu