Sign in to follow this  
PMXSD

Pass Local Variable from List Form to Detail Form

Hello Everybody,

I am in the middle of a customization and I need your valuable help for a how-to. I have created a customized table (zapprovers_deployers) and there I want to save the approvers and the deployers for an organization all in the same table but they are showed in 2 different list in 2 different tabs (list_zapprovers.htmpl and list_zdeployers.htmpl). At this point, all it's Ok, but the problem is when I have disabled the Create New Button to show another one in order to show my custom form (only a form it's possible according to the convention for detail form in a create new action). The thing is that I need to show some fields in that detail form when the user has selected the approver tab and other fields when the user has selected the deployers tab and I need to set a local variable coming from the list form to the detail form to do a PDM_IF and then it shows the fields that I need.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!!

PMX

Your description is a bit convoluted, but from what I can tell you could call the list_ forms with a parameter and process that parameter in the list form. See for instance how the list of CIs are shown in the Change form to get an idea how this works.

Your description is a bit convoluted, but from what I can tell you could call the list_ forms with a parameter and process that parameter in the list form. See for instance how the list of CIs are shown in the Change form to get an idea how this works.

To explain better what I need, I want that my detail form used in the create new button has a different behavior according if that button was pressed from one tab (approvers) or another one (deployers). Take care that all the data is saved in the same table and the detail form will use some fields in the approver's case and others in the deployer's case.

Please, let me know if your suggestion is about this idea.

Thanks for you quick response!