eselke

Attachments Broken / Java Errors

I've encountered a problem on our PROD USD server where the attachment system does not start up correctly when USD is started.

Digging through the logs it shows the javaw.exe command producing an error 193, which I believe is "not a valid Win32 process". I am able to manually get it up and running by running the following in a command prompt:

javaw -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xrs -Xmx512M -Djaas.config=e:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djava.security.auth.login.config=e:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\add-ons\caflow\jaas.config -Djdbc.baseDriver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.endorsed.dirs="E:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\tomcat\4.1.31\common\endorsed" -classpath "E:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\tomcat\4.1.31\common\lib\tools.jar;E:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\JRE\1.4.2_06\java\lib\tools.jar;e:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\tools.jar;E:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\tomcat\4.1.31\bin\bootstrap.jar;e:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\java\lib\sqljdbc.jar" -Dcatalina.base="e:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE" -Dcatalina.home="E:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\tomcat\4.1.31" -Djava.io.tmpdir="e:\PROGRA~1\CA\SERVIC~1\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\temp" org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap start

of course I have to remain logged into the server for that process to continue to run, but it at least gets attachments working in the meantime.

I encountered this thread as a possible solution, but when I tried to run pdm_configure, I got the following message with that pesky error 193:

post-4622-1336657574_thumb.png

Again, manually entering the code to run pdm_configure works, but that didn't solve my problem either.

So this is leading me to believe there is something wrong with the java install. I haven't had much luck finding any suggestions for a fix on this, so any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Any antivirus/antispyware program running in the background ? Check to see if you can launch 'javaw.exe' from the installation folder. Any errors in Event log besides the ones from the faulty start of the application ?

Any antivirus/antispyware program running in the background ? Check to see if you can launch 'javaw.exe' from the installation folder. Any errors in Event log besides the ones from the faulty start of the application ?

sorry for the delayed response - we have a Trend client running on the server, but it is also running on the Dev & QA boxes w/o a problem.

I can launch javaw.exe from the command line, which is my current workaround. I'll try it through windows when I get a chance to pop in during non prod hours